I remember how I fell in love with Benefit cosmetic. I was in Debenhams to buy a new foundation as my Dior Star was empty. And I was much happier with Dior Forever anyway so I went to a Dior to ask for a match as your skin is changing during the time, you go paler or tanned etc. and the lady who was there was so “friendly” I had to leave. I mean, if you go for a high-end makeup you kind of expect kind and professional service too. I am not rich enough to buy a 30£ foundation to find out later on the daylight it looks awful (we all know lightning inside of the shopping centers) or after two hours of wear it feels heavy or become oily on my skin.
So I walked around and a lady from Benefit started to talk to me, sat me down and showed me everything. I left with a full bag of things I didn´t exactly need. But to be fair we don´t really need makeup. We want makeup. Right?
Benefit the Porefessional PRO balm to minimize the appearance of pores
- oil-free, lightweight, transparent, works immediately
- I use it as a base under my foundation. But not all over my face. Only t-zone or small places which need softening.
- Porefessional fills your pores immediately and makes your skin looking smooth and even for a flawless look.
- Balm/creamy texture is slightly tinted but after applying becomes almost invisible.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup in shade 2N1 Desert Beige. I used to wear Big and Easy by Benefit during the summer, but I like to change my foundations even when I am happy with them. When I use something on my skin or hair for too long it gets used to it and it does not work the same anymore.
- Coverage is supposed to be medium, buildable. But for me, it feels more as a full coverage. I usually do not use any other correctors on top of this foundation as I prefer natural look most of the times and it would feel cakey. But you can definitely build it up if needed without looking orangy or plastic.
- SPF 10
- Stays on all day. Semi-matte finish.
- On official Estée Lauder UK website, I found 44 different shades.
- I am desperately missing a pump!
Benefit Hoola soft matte bronzing powder
- Probably the most favourite bronzing/contouring matte powder.
- Packaging is cute and simple and also contains a brush.
- You can buy it in two sizes 8g and 4g. I personally have the small one. Using it for months and have plenty.
- As you can see on a swatch picture you can build it up as much as you need depending on your skin tone.
- Colour suits everyone.
- TIP: If need of super quick and natural makeup, use as an eyeshadow for a natural look.
Benefit Rockateur shimmer blush
- This is my favourite blush of all times. I haven´t used blush before and ever since I have it I am so used to using it now, without a blush, I feel like plain paper. It really gives your cheeks beautiful natural colour which you can build up into much more drama sexy night out look.
- The blush contains shimmer. But you are not going to look glittery, it just brights your smile up.
- Contains brush.
- TIP: When I am super busy and don´t have time to play with makeup but still wants to look good this is my life saver. I use it on the apples of my cheeks, blend out to give nice define to my cheekbones instead of contouring and also give a quick colour to my eyelids instead of wasting time with eyeshadows. It gives your face even healthy look.And you are ready to go in no time! Woke up like this?
LORÉAL Paris Brow Artist Genius Kit
- Contains pigmented wax, setting powder, angled brush, spooley brush and tweezer
- You can buy it in two shades Light to medium and Medium to dark.
- Allows you to create natural looking brows or build up into the bold strong look.
- TIP: I personally use only powder if I want a super natural look and only need to fill in. Or use the wax first to shape and than “stick” the powder into it if I like bold looking brows for the full makeup look.
Benefit Gimmer Brow in shade Medium/Deep
- Volumizing fiber gel
- Can be used on its own for natural looking brows. Or on top as a last but not least for volume and final fixing.
- Water proof, long lasting
- Fills, defines, fix
Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in shade 6
- Brow filling and shaping
- I like the fact it´s not too soft so it doesn´t smudge and stay in place but can be blended easily.
- No need of sharping.
Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face and Body in shade Aura
- Note one? I am in love with this!
- Packaging contains 6g of beautiful product, brush and a small mirror which is something I love about UD product. Mirrors!
- It is really hard to show in the picture but it is super pigmented. After blending into the skin the powder has a luminescent pink base with gold glitters on top.
- You only need a little amount.
- It is b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.
- If you go out in the summer for a festival or something like it I can imagine on tanned skin this will make your body glow like a pinky sun!
Benefit Watt´s up! Highlighter
- This was my first ever highliter which I absolutely love. Perfect for summer to give your face natural peachy gold glow.
- The stick is super easy to use and for blending you can either use your fingers or sponge which is part of the cute packaging.
- TIP: Only problem I have, it doesn´t work well with thicker foundation. Better apply on top of light foundation such as Big and Easy by Benefit which is more a BB cream with higher coverage, or to leave a little place on your skin where you want to apply this highlighter without the foundation. Otherwise, it goes smudgy, look uneven and instead of gold glow makes your skin look dirty.
- Great for “strobing” makeup
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Absolutely love the brush.I haven´t seen any other like it. Looks different on each side of the brush. Thanks to the brush the mascara is super easy to apply on both lashes, top and bottom. I also use the brush for brushing lashes if I use different mascara as it separates them and gives them a volume.
- Feels lightweight.
- Dries quickly once applied it is hard to add another coat as lashes feel kind of hard. But it is not a problem for me. It stays on a place and doesn´t need another coat. If needed you can use They’re Real! Tinted Primer.
- After a whole day wear, it doesn´t leave any marks under my eyes. I felt asleep in it, I was partying for almost 12 hours in summer weather and it didn´t make me look like a panda. Hooray!
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- I bought this mascara in a deal packaging Total Perversion together with an eyeliner.
- Gives volume, lenght and curls. Also is super pigmented. Black is black!
- Love to use two coates for more drama look.
- I would probably said the same things about Perversion as about Roller lash. Only difference for me is Perversion gives you more drama. But I love them the same.
Loréal Paris Sexy Balm in shade Sheer as If
- Tinted balm to gives you moisture on the go while still looking chick and juicy.
- You have a choice of sheer or bold.
- Not an very longlasting (sheer! I also have a bold colour one and it is super pigmented and hardly goes of your lips) but easy to apply on the way without a need of a mirror.
- Non sticky.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in a shade Rush
- One of the first lipsticks I bough from UD and also one of my absolute favourite.
- Creamy texture, beautiful day wear nude-pink colour, moisturising.
- TIP: If I need a long wear effect I combine it with Essence Lip Liner in shade Satin Mauve.
Used: Goof Proof Brow Pencil, Gimme Brow, Perversion Mascara, Hoola bronzer on eyelid
Used: Brow Artist Genius Kit – wax and powder, Roller Lash Mascara, Rockateur on eyelid